Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Daft_ -- The search continues...

From: wingard@NCRCAE.COLUMBIA.NCR.COM (Steve Wingard)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 88 23:20:44 EDT
Subject: _Daft_ -- The search continues...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Thanks to the two people who have responded to my cry for help in the
wilds of South Carolina.  I'm pursuing one of these leads and still
trying to flush out a store here that can get their greedy hands on
this disc.  In the process, I've stumbled across something strange.

At the local franchise of CD Warehouse, they let me browse through a
catalog called "CD International" that lists all kinds of discs
available from the US, Great Britain, West Germany and Japan.  Sure
enough, they didn't list _Daft_.  But then I noticed that they DID
list _Who's Afraid... ?_ as being available from Great Britain -- with
a catalog number of EMI ZCIDQ-2.  This sounds suspiciously like the
catalog number for _Daft_ that one intrepid net.reader posted with the
complete listing of tracks on the disc.  Am I hallucinating?  Can
someone fill me in?

(To Paul Czarnecki -- I got your e-mail and for lo these past two
weeks, I have tried to get a response to you with, apparently, no
success.  My USMail address is:

	Steve Wingard
	1014-K Bent Tree Lane
	Columbia, SC 29210

If you can get your USMail address down here to me, we can
get to work on your proposal..  Thanks.)

Steve Wingard                        ...!{hp-sdd|ucsd}!ncr-sd!ncrcae!wingard
NCR Corp., E&M-Columbia              ...!gatech!hubcap!ncrcae!wingard
W. Columbia, SC                          wingard@ncrcae.NCR.COM (Internet)
People here think my taste in music is weird.  Is that disclaimer enough?