Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Propaganda and Frankie

From: Lazlo Nibble <cscbrkac@CHARON.UNM.EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 88 20:36:39 MDT
Subject: Re: Propaganda and Frankie

> Question: Is the PF4 album available in the United States?  Apparently
> Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Propoganda got together and did an
> album.  A friend of mine heard parts of it while in Europe and said it
> was excellent.  I have yet to find any signs of it in record stores.
> Anyone have any information?

P4F -- "Propaganda For Frankie" -- isn't really associated with anyone
from either of those two groups as far as I know.  They originated in
Italy, with their only domestic release I'm aware of being a 12"
called "P:Machinery medley with Relax", on Emergency Records (a New
York indie label), serial number EMDS 6562 12.  Don't have it but I've
heard it, and it's kind of fun . . . the two songs actually mesh
pretty well, and the people singing do a reasonable imitation of the
real thing . . .

> Liverpool, FGTH's second album, is a lot different from Welcome to the
> Pleasure Dome and is excellent.  It isn't as much of a radical-burst-of-
> explicit-energy-type album as was the first album.

> B.Bum (William [er, Bill] M. Bumgarner)

Liverpool bombed horribly, and I guess that's not too surprising if
everyone expected Frankie to duplicate the sound and style of their
debut effort, but I think overall it's a lot stronger album overall
than Pleasuredome was.  I'm always recommending it to people
everywhere else, so I may as well mention it here.

Try using "chfn" to change your name on the mail.

--
Lazlo Nibble (cscbrkac@charon.unm.edu)