Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Vangelis (--> Bladerunner LD --> LD combi players)

From: Lazlo Nibble <cscbrkac@CHARON.UNM.EDU>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 88 00:13:12 MDT
Subject: Re: Vangelis (--> Bladerunner LD --> LD combi players)

> (There are some new players comming out which play formats including
> CDs, CDVs, etc., but they run $1000 to $2000; oh well, someday...)

Nonono!!  In the range of $US 700-800 for your basic combi-player.
And that's list price, not "street" price.  You pay more and you'll
get more features, but you can get a very servicable CD/CDV/LD player
for WELL under $1000.

The next step of course would be to buy BLADE RUNNER on laserdisk, and
all Kate's complilations are out on LD too, as well as a good amount
of other great stuff if you get ahold of a good Japanese LD catalogue.
(I've got my eyes on "The Collected Mike Oldfield" for the happy price
of $60 . . . now if *I* only had a LD player!)

--
Lazlo Nibble (cscbrkac@charon.unm.edu)