Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

tour? CDs? maybe baby??

From: jw@BOURBAKI.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 88 13:36:57 EDT
Subject: tour? CDs? maybe baby??

Neil speculates that in the event of a tour Kate "is likely to do say
a week at Wembley." I don't mean to be sacrilegious or anything, this
is an honest question: could Kate sell a week at Wembley? I've never
been to a concert at Wembley, and I don't know how much of the
100,000+ capacity is used for concerts. Is this really the venue where
you think she is most likely to perform?

Also, what is all this about deteriorating CDs? I thought the cited
radio report was tongue in cheek. Presumably there would have to be a
pretty noticeable crack in the plastic to expose the aluminium, and
even then it should not oxidise markedly if well stored. I suppose
this is what happens if you make things in Swindon :-) they
deteriorate after a few decades or so :-(

Has the Molly Ringwold film "For Keeps" really been rechristened (so
to speak) "Maybe Baby" for UK release? It was released in the US just
a few weeks before "She's Having (Halving?) a Baby" so be patient...

Be seeing you.

Julian :-o