Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

it was - Just Like U Said it Would B...

From: Allan Kamen <AGK2F%UOTTAWA.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 88 13:39:53 EST
Subject: it was - Just Like U Said it Would B...

I have  a few questions  and comments to  pose to the  people around
here.

1.  Last week I picked up two copies of the Kate Bush Fan Club EP
at a local record store. It has a poster sleeve (pink top shots) and
was pressed in red vinyl. The tracks:
(1) A. Special Kate Bush Message
B. Kate Bush and Friends
"Let It Be" Live! (From "The Pink Kick")
(2) Kate Bush Brother
John Carter Bush
Very Long Message
The record is numbered KB-PRO-001-1

The interviews and the song are not recent,  the interviews being
from 1984-4 (before Hounds) and the song from 1979??

Is this  a recent  offering from  the fan  club?   Could  someone
please send me some more information on the fan club.

      [	What you have is a bootleg.  It is a copy of a flexidisk that
	was indeed an oficial fan club item that was distributed in
	Japan.  The original artifact is very rare.  -- |>oug ]

2.   According to  one of my friends the soundtrack  to the movie
"She's  Having A  Baby"  is in  the possession  of  the local  radio
station.  The song by Kate on the  soundtrack is supposed to be very
mellow and not really suitable for a single.

Does anyone have a list of all the soundtracks that Kate has appeared
on?  I have Castaways and I will pick up the baby one when it comes
out in February but I have been unable to find Brazil.  Was it ever
released?

3.    I am  an avid  collector of  Kate articles.    I have  many
different posters  and I was wondering  how one can tell  whether my
posters are genuine promo posters or are reprints and bootlegs.  For
example I  have 5  different copies  of the  Hounds of  Love poster.
Which ones (if any) are real?

      [	Official UK posters are always on very heavy paper and
	beautifully printed.  US posters are nicely printed.  Bootlegs
	are usually of poor to "okay" print quality.  -- |>oug ]

4.  Does anyone have recommendations on good record stores to shop for
imports in the Upstate New York area.  Specifically I am looking for
Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel articles. I would be willing to travel as
far as Syracuse/Rochester.  If anyone requires similar information
about Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto than I can help.

5.  Who are you IED?

6.  Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Passing through Air?

I purchased  the Sin)ad  O'Connor album using  the advice  of the
group and I find it to be excellent.

      [	Glad you like her.  Did anyone else see her gest-host "120
	Minutes" last Sunday?  -- |>oug ]

Allan