Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "She's Having a Baby"

From: leo%bartleby.Berkeley.EDU@violet.berkeley.edu
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 88 16:20:33 PST
Subject: Re: "She's Having a Baby"

I saw a free sneak preview of the movie without knowing that a Kate
Bush song was part of the soundtrack.  When I heard the song, I
thought to myself, this is one GOOD song but I couldn't believe it was
Kate until it was confirmed in the credits.  A very beautiful, moving
song (this after one listening!)

I have to get the soundtrack now.

Leo Pereira
leo@leggatt.Berkeley.EDU

      [	Your humble pseudo-moderator also saw a sneak preview of
	*She's Having a Baby*.  The movie is pretty good -- though
	nothing extraordinary, except for Kate's song, which is a
	simple and powerful piano and voice number.  When I went to
	see the movie, I was expecting to hear 10 seconds of Kate's
	new song, and then have it faded down under lots of noise, but
	I was very pleasantly surprised when the entire song was
	played without any dialog or noise mixed in.  The song occurs
	during an otherwise silent flashback sequence.  -- |>oug ]