Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Re: The Bears

From: hp-sdd!jdg@hplsdli.HP.COM@SDCSVAX.UCSD.EDU (Jason Goldman)
Date: 15 Oct 87 15:04:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Re: The Bears

While the Bears album was a little more pop (and certainly more
mainstream) than other projects Belew has worked on, I would hardly
say that he has sold out.  I saw the Bears in Boulder last spring and
they cooked!  Aside from playing a LOT of King Crimson and Belew solo
pieces, they did several songs from the album.  My over all impression
is that they were all very good musicians who were doing exactly what
they wanted to do: have fun.  I don't think that they were too
concerned about being popular (or alienating people who thought that
was their purpose).

Jason Goldman
hp-lsd!jdg

Here I come, yeah, look at me now
I'm a smooth operator
I'm a mood elevator
They always said I would be nothing but a fish head
and look at me now...

AB