Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Television

From: Lowell Kaufman <ldk%beach.cis.ufl.edu@RELAY.CS.NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 87 21:16:02 EDT
Subject: Television

It's good to read about Television.

When I was an undergrad in New York Tom Verlaine played at the Ritz
in late May of this year. I don't think he's been in America
since. It was his Flashlight tour when it was only available as an
import. It's nice that the domestic version is available.

Richard Lloyd has a new live album out, which I've only played
once. It's a live album and I expected alot from it, since, when
I saw him live I thought he was great (energy, one hundred per cent),
but the production is too slick, so the energy is lost.

Also, have you perhaps heard The Blow Up, a live Television
recording on a ROIR cassette? The sound is like a bootleg, but
it is probably the best available guitar work by Verlaine.
If you have any thoughts, let me know.