Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate-echism XI.10.ix & PG too

From: Dave Hsu <hsu@ENEEVAX.UMD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 87 01:53:07 EDT
Subject: Re: Kate-echism XI.10.ix & PG too

> From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

> _Kate Bush Complete_, edited by Cecil Bolton, with special thanks to
> Peter Fitzgerald-Morris ...  ... But Victor, before you go ordering
> it through the mail, check around at your import stores. It's going
> to start turning up in U.S stores pretty soon. Also, it's now
> available through The Music Machine, a U.S. mail-order firm located
> (if memory serves correctly) in the W., D.C. area. ... . Music
> Machine's ad is in the new _Goldmine_.

Yow, it's been a while since I submitted anything here.  In an attempt
to further clarify IED's tip, if *my* memory serves correctly, The Music
Machine is actually in the BAWL'mer Mar'lan' area.  (Bal-ti-more for you
non-Marylanders out there)

> Subject: Re: Peter Gabriel CDs
> From:  (Duane Day [visionary or lunatic?])

>> From: garfield!sam@UUNET.UU.NET (Sam Mesbah)
>> Does anyone know if the first two PG albums are available on CD?
>> I've got from #3 up but I can't find the first two anywhere.

> They are available as British import CD's only.  Virgin PGCD1 and
> PGCD2.  (Love those catalog numbers). [...]

> I don't know if there is any plan to release them as domestic CD's,
> but I wouldn't be surprised.  At any rate, if you're like me and
> can't stand to wait, then find yourself someplace that stocks import
> CD's.  Be prepared to spend $20 to $26 per disc, though.  (I think
> they are worth it, myself.)

I'm sure plenty of folks will respond to this one but...I think you
are slightly mistaken.  PGCDs 1 and 2 (and for that matter, 3) have
all been released domestically for at least a month or so now, but all
three are in extremely short supply.  Standard Nimbus pressings, same
liners and markings as the imported discs, but in those cardboard
boxes favored by North American distributors.  There was nothing
special about their pricing, though; I paid the usual exorbitant
Boston prices for my copies.

Kate?!

-dave
--
David Hsu	vv Yow! A shorter address!	devoted aKolyTe
UUCP: mit-eddie!agent99!hsu			ARPA: hsu@eneevax.umd.edu