Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Giants of all flavors...

From: ms5n+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Michael Sandrof)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 87 13:56:29 EDT
Subject: Giants of all flavors...

Glad I found this bboard.  Great things are discussed here.

Gentle Giant: They are amazing.  My particular favorite of theirs is
"Free Hand".  Songs like "Just the Same", "On Reflection", and "Free
Hand" just can't be beat... and all in a row!  Last year I found a
copy of Gentle Giant's live album... good stuff.  They have a great
medley of Octopus tunes, and a three recorder trio, or maybe it was a
quartet... anyway, it was good.  I recommend Gentle Giant.

The Might Be Giants: Just listen to them.  Truly good music.  Funny
lyrics... Lyrics that boarder on deeply intellectual, but really
aren't.  Everyone, should listen to them.  Now.  Well, anyway... I
like them.

-Mike