Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gentle Giant

From: sp@siesoft (sp)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 87 13:57:41 EDT
Subject: Re: Gentle Giant

It's unusual to find other Gentle Giant fans anywhere, especially
outside the UK. I saw them once many years ago and the sight was
incredible. Mid song they would all rush round the stage changing
instruments without a break in the sound. It was wonderful to watch
and more amazing to listen to.

There are *NO* Giant CD's available in this country but I don't know
about anywhere else. The CD selection in the UK seems to be quite
limited still which is a shame as it means most of the interesting
stuff has to be ordered on import from either the States or Japan
where the selection is considerably greater. (Can you believe that
there are only two Steely Dan CD's and a compilation available here
:-( ) I'm not sure the Giant stuff would necessarily sound too good on
CD either as most recordings of that era sound as if they had several
pairs of socks over the microphones :-)

Simon Patience  (ukc!siesoft!sp)