Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: eXtraneous Talk about inCorrect info

From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinburgh.ac.uk@Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 87 18:41:34 -0100
Subject: Re: eXtraneous Talk about inCorrect info

| Really-From: JDTURN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Joe Turner)

| Gads!  Please get it right about "Drums & Wires"!!!!

| As far as I have seen & know, the original D & W track line-up had
| "Life Begins at the Hop" on it.  It was REPLACED by "Making Plans for
| Nigel" when that single got popular.  The original US versions had
| "Hop" on them, but now EVERY version has "Nigel" and you can only find
| "Life Begins at the Hop" on the "Waxworks" compilation.

There is (or was) a US version that had both.  Unfortunately, I can't
prove this (even to myself) because my copy in far away, but I know I
have both on lp, and that the only alternative to both on D&W is one
on that and the other on Black Sea (a most unlikely alternative I would
say).

Isn't this fun?