Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC

From: FULIGIN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 87 21:10:02 EDT
Subject: XTC

Two people have now mentioned the '5 Senses' EP and 'GO+' as records by XTC
that I neglected to mention in my earlier posting.  I did this intentionally.
XTC have put out a VAST quantity of 7" and 12" singles containing non-LP
material - much of it superior to what is on the LPs.  The list, however,
seemed far too lengthy for me to go into.  If you would like, I can post a
complete discography of the band, published in the North American fan club
newsletter, 'The Little Express.'  Be warned though, it is a long list.  BTW,
'5 Senses' was a Canadian only release.  The songs on it are all available
elsewhere (I have the originals, and the EP - brag brag -:)).  From the top
of my head, they are 'Wait Til Your Boat Goes Down' (UK 7"), "Officer Blue"
and "Strange Tales, Strange Tails" (UK 7" of 'Respectable Street'), and I've
forgotten the other two - but they are around.  BTW, I have a pretty extensive
XTC collection, including almost every official XTC release, and several
bootlegs, including live shows, demos, interviews, and studio outtakes.  If
there are folks out there with stuff to trade, I'd be happy to...

                                        Burning with Optimism's flames,
                                                        -Peter Lee
Fuligin%UMass.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu