Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'm in XTC...

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 87 19:35:53 EDT
Subject: I'm in XTC...

I'm rapidly gaining respect for XTC.  I would recommend "The Compact XTC"
compilation compact disc to anyone who is interested in getting into the
band.  The track listing is as follows:

    1) Science Friction    2) Statue Of Liberty   3) This Is Pop?
    4) Are You Receiving Me   5) Life Begins At The Hop
    6) Making Plans For Nigel  7) Wait Till Your Boat Goes Down
    8) Generals And Majors     9) Towers Of London
    10) Sgt. Rock (Is Going To Help Me)   11) Senses Working Overtime
    12) Ball And Chain    13) Great Fire   14) Wonderland
    15) Love On A Farmboy's Wages   16) All You Pretty Girls
    17) This World Over   18) Wake Up

The disc is AAD and is 69 minutes long.  It's import only, so it costs
more, but it's a great sampler, and definitely hip if you're a Johnny-
come-lately like myself that only owned "Skylarking".

The Dukes Of Stratosphear CD is also excellent.  XTC seems committed to
making their CD's well worth the money!

Mark Glickman writes:
> One more question:  Who plays percussion on 25 O'clock?

Presumably it's that mysterious E.I.E.I. Owen chap.

Matthew Mashyna writes:
>Did anyone else buy the 12" Grass single ? There's a great song on the
>B side call Extrovert. You'll have to hide your Todd Rundgren LPs
>before you play this.

Yes, "Extrovert" is a great song, but why would we have to hide our Todd
Rundgren LPs?  After all, he did produce "Extrovert" as well as "Dear God".

--Jon Drukman
"She's a vanishing girl, she'll give you a twirl..."