Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Who'd they use to vote for?

From: ci-dandelion!david@seismo.CSS.GOV (David Watson)
Date: 3 Jun 87 18:13:26 GMT
Subject: Re: Who'd they use to vote for?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>     Consider the last lines of "There Goes A Tenner":
>
>"There's a ten-shilling note,
> Remember them?
> That's when we used to vote for him."

I have interpreted Kate's heavy emphasis on the word "him" to mean
"*him* as opposed to *her*", but I never checked the timing of the
taping of _The Dreaming_ against even the grossest of milestones
in recent British political history, e.g., the rise of Margaret Thatcher.
Even so, as far as I know, her era started long after the conversion to
decimal currency, so if my interpretation is correct, then so is Kate's
observation.

Comments, IED?
			-D.