Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More on the WSI

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
Date: Sun, 03 May 87 15:25 PDT
Subject: More on the WSI

IED apologizes to Dave for the "bungling" heading. He never
intended that it be taken as any kind of reference to you, Dave --
it's just one of IED's favourite exchanges from the Basil Rathbone/
Nigel Bruce Holmes series, and the Holmes/WSI connection provided
an excuse to post it.

You're right that the WSI is an interpretive rather than a critical
or analytical forum for Kate fans, but it's also conceived as
a kind of communal mind-locus, so to speak. As for losing sight
of one's own responsibility for the actions and statements of
the character, that may apply to IED in Love-Hounds, but there
wouldn't necessarily be any role-playing proper on Wickham Street --
only a unanimous involvement of mind. About its being heavy,
well, yes, it could, and ideally would become rather intimate
and emotionally involving, at least in comparison with the other
current Kate outlets. But it could also accomodate the most
unserious contributions. The WSI strongly urges all Love-Hounds
to consider sharing -- in any form they wish -- their
most personal opinions, feelings, thoughts or fantasies
which concern or are in any way connected with Kate or her
art. On Wickham Street, irregular expression is the norm:
criticism and intolerance of any kind are in exile.
If there has ever been something you wanted to say about Kate
but decided you'd better not post it in Love-Hounds, you now
have a supplementary outlet. Us- mostly contemporary B-sides as
seen on "Beeswax", but there's one song on "White Music" I've never heard
of before.  Now THAT'S how things should be done.

"When my overcoat is sodden and I'm too far gone to see..."
--
		 MET					pEtEr AlfkE
"Oh, rocks!	 HIM						  @