Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Re: Requests ...

From: rcopw@gecko.rmit.oz (Paul Whiting)
Date: 4 May 87 00:08:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Re: Requests ...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> At present their new single,(which has the word 'FireBall' in the
> title) and I think is called "Living inside a FireBall" has just
> started to be picked up by the commercial stations here in
> Melbourne. I'll try and get a copy of it and let you know more.

I got me facts right this time, and the name of the single is "Inside
a Fireball" and comes from a 12" single called 'LIVING DAYLIGHT'.  It
comprises of three singles with "Inside a Fireball" being on the
A-side.

A great Aussie band Paul Kelly and the Coloured Girls, will soon be
touring the States I believe, but the powers to be in the US, don't
like the name so they will be touring as Paul Kelly and the
Messengers. Their music varies quite a bit with some songs being
country and western, others folk and yet others being fast rock. This
band supported the English Soloist Billy Bragg, when he toured down
here in April, in an accoustic line-up ( maybe you can use this as an
indication to the style). Their current album is called 'Gossip' and
is a double album.

Paul Whiting,

    Dept of Communication & Electronic Engineering,
    Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
    124 Latrobe St, Melbourne, 3000, Australia

ACSnet: rcopw@gecko             UUCP: ...!seismo!munnari!gecko.rmit.oz!rcopw
CSNET:  rcopw@gecko.rmit.oz     ARPA: rcopw%gecko.rmit.oz@seismo
BITNET: rcopw%gecko.rmit.oz@CSNET-RELAY
PHONE:  +61 3 660 2619.