Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Several Things

From: sho@tybalt.caltech.edu (Sho Kuwamoto)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 87 22:20:11 PDT
Subject: Several Things
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <17557@sun.uucp> sun!adlaia%witold@seismo.CSS.GOV (Adlai Alexander) writes:

>> First, did anybody see Husker Du on the Joan Rivers Show last night
>> (4/27)?  What a bunch of dwids.
>>
>> ~Pat
>
>So that's who they were.  I turned on the TV at the very end of the show
>and saw an absolutely HORRIBLE band slogging out some complete trash
[...]
>WHO LIKES THESE GUYS?????
[...]
>Of course they do give a lot of hope
>to rotten musicians with bad taste that aspire to greater heights.
>
>Adlai

It is OK to say `Husker Du is seems now only a pale shadow of their
former glory.' It is even OK to say `I don't enjoy their style of
music.' What you said was narrow minded, and so I will retaliate in
kind.  Ready?  OK, here goes: "You're dead, buddy.  I'm gonna find out
where you live, an' I'm gonna tear out yer throat real slow while
you're in bed, an' watch you lie there squirmin' while yer wife wakes
up from the dream she was having about Larry the pool cleaner an'
turns over, first groggy, then whispering `Oh God.  Oh God.' 'Cause
you got no right to say that sh*t about the Huskers."

Anyways, I'm sure you meant no personal offense, so I'm going to stop
here.  I guess the moral of this story is to try to keep an open mind.
People thought the Sex Pistols were just noise back when they started.
I know how you feel, though.  I think the same thing every time I hear
Larry Fast, or ELP, or any Windham Hill stuff.  Boy am I gonna be
faced I I end up *liking* ELP in ten years.

						-Sho
P.S. Disregard this; I'm in a weird mood.