Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Several Things

From: sun!adlaia%witold@seismo.CSS.GOV (Adlai Alexander)
Date: 28 Apr 87 21:53:43 GMT
Subject: Re: Several Things
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: sun!news@seismo.CSS.GOV

In article <870428-063331-2269@Xerox>, Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU writes:

> First, did anybody see Husker Du on the Joan Rivers Show last night
> (4/27)?  What a bunch of dwids.
>
> ~Pat

So that's who they were.  I turned on the TV at the very end of the show
and saw an absolutely HORRIBLE band slogging out some complete trash and
I could not believe that they were on anyones television show much less a
national one.  I mean, they are a lousy garage band. I can't believe that
anyone likes them.  It is beyond me.  And even though I only heard them
briefly, that was enough to know.  YUK!

OK the guitar player showed that he could probably impress some idiot
teenagers at a music store, but that was only a sprinkle of Lysol in the
truckload of dung.  I honestly thought that they were kidding at first
or that they were part of a "Special Musical Olympics" type of program or
something.  WHO LIKES THESE GUYS?????

The concern about them selling out or not is irrelevant.  These guys are
so bad that who in the hell cares.  Of course they do give a lot of hope
to rotten musicians with bad taste that aspire to greater heights.

Adlai