Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on CD

From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinburgh.ac.uk@Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
Date: Tue, 6 May 86 19:53:07 -0100
Subject: Kate on CD

> From: ma3166ay <think!harvard!cmcl2!lanl!unmvax!unmc.cc!ma3166ay>
> Date: Fri, 2 May 86 23:07:03 mdt
> Subject: Kate CDs
>
> Does anyone have a definitive list of all the Kate out on CD?  I don't just
> mean the stuff Green lists, I mean American, Japanese, and British pressings.

Not me, but I did happen to look at this part of Edinburgh Virgin taday.

> Here's what I've seen.
>
>   Hounds of Love (of course, readily available even at the local
>                   Sound Whorehouse)

Ditto.  But the UK release is "Made in Japan".  (I've gotten the impression
that Japanese CDs are better made, in some way, is this true?)

>   The Kick Inside (Japanese -- Kate wearing pink, Japanese liner
>                    notes)

Made in Germany (I think), but a UK release (not an import).  "Normal" Gold
Kate on Kite cover.

>   Lionheart (I just saw it today, but didn't have the * $25 * they
>               wanted for it -- another Japanese import)

Another Japanese import.

I haven't seen any sign of The Dreaming or Never Forever.  We do have the
Cocteau Twins Treasure, though (or is that universal now?).

> but I can't play rumors on my D5

Pardon my ignorance, and my departure from the proper L-H discussion, but
what's a D5?