Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on CD

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Wed, 7 May 86 01:52:06 EDT
Subject: Re: Kate on CD

> From: ma3166ay <think!harvard!cmcl2!lanl!unmvax!unmc.cc!ma3166ay>

> Does anyone have a definitive list of all the Kate out on CD?  I don't just
> mean the stuff Green lists, I mean American, Japanese, and British pressings.
> Here's what I've seen.

>	Hounds of Love (of course, readily available even at the local
>		Sound Whorehouse)
>	The Kick Inside (Japanese -- Kate wearing pink, Japanese liner
>		notes)
>	Lionheart (I just saw it today, but didn't have the * $25 * they
>		wanted for it -- another Japanese import)

That *is* the definitive list.  Though *Lionheart* and *The Kick
Inside* are also available on British pressings for less.  The British
"Kick Inside" has the original cover of the album (i.e. the "Kite"
cover).

> Help!  I don't own a turntable or a working cassette deck!  I *NEED* more
> Kate!

This is why turntables are more important to own than CD players!

> From: Jean Marie Diaz <ambar@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>

> I was in Plastic Fantastic (an AWESOME used-disc store in the Philly
> area) a few weeks ago, and saw a copy of The Kick Inside with the
> Country/Western cover.  Didn't get it--my CD player is very much a
> future thing....

Are you *sure*???  The British CD has the "Kite" cover.  A "Tammy
Wynette" cover on "The Kick" would mean that the CD has been released
in the U.S.  I find that *very* hard to believe.

			-Doug