Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED KT update, May 6

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Date: Tue, 06 May 86 15:16 PDT
Subject: IED KT update, May 6

As usual, all verbiage from this
correspondent concerns KT and KT
only.
IED0DXM has just received a load of earlier
Love-Hounds material covering matters Ninth
Waveological, and would like to thank Bill
Hsu and Henry Chai, in particular, for their
helpful analyses.
The latest KBC Newsletter has apparently
made it official: there is now a competition
underway to decipher "what Kate is saying"
in "Watching You Without Me", although the
announcement does a bad job of pinpointing
the position of this message within the track.
The message still makes no more sense backwards
than it does forwards, although it is clear that
something is being said. There are two distinct
sections, the second being a repeated phrase saying
something like "Really see"
(this is Doug Alan's hearing, not
mine: could the words not be "We receive," or
even  "We recede"?).  I will shortly submit to Love-Hounds
a transcription of the first section as heard by me,
but without any confidence of its accuracy. What
interest me even more, however, are the two or three
seconds immediately preceding this "backwards" track,
during which time the Morse code signal for "S-O-S"
can be clearly heard. I have no trouble with that message;
however, if those moments are listened to again, another
sound, like that of a high-pitched, wavering short-wave
radio transmission, also becomes audible. Could this not
be another message in Morse code, put on a loop and then
sped up to nearly inaudible Hz levels? Who can clarify for
me?
     Henry Chai preceded me, I note, in deciding
that it was "unlikely" that the spelling of
Organon was unintentional; but at this point
I am willing to admit that even KT is able to
commit errors, albeit of the most trivial kind.
Knowing, however, of Kate's continued predilection
for cigarettes, it is equally possible that the
spelling is a veiled reference to an obscure
document of 1659, written by the physician Walter
Rumsey, entitled "Organon salutis: including divers
new experiments of tobacco and coffee: how much they
conduce to preserve humane health".
Mr. Chai also noted that he had a hard time reading
from the original works of Wilhelm Reich, because of the
seriousness of his tone. This tone is precisely what makes
Reich's pathology so fascinating (for as much as we may admire
the beauty of his ideas and sympathize with the persecution he
suffered at the hands of the U.S. government, it must be
admitted that Reich was, at least by the late 1940s, quite
mad). If Reich had simply taken to stumbling through the
streets of Manhattan, spouting harangues to the effect that
alien DOR forces were attacking the Earth in UFOs, and that
the only way to stop them was to open fire by shooting blue
Orgonotic energy rays into the sky through the agency of big
metal pipes, he would not be remembered today, except, perhaps,
for his early work in the field of Freudian psycho-analytic
scholarship. But because he channeled his dementia into the
narrow and highly disciplined forms of scholarly writing,
developing a large body of Orgonotical literature and publishing
heavily footnoted papers regularly in the Orgonon Press,
his name lives on, and his work is still sporadically referred
to by some of the flakier psychologists in business today.
Partly out of a feeling of empathy for such a means of justifying
one's obsessions, I have chosen to adopt Reich's pedantic forms and
ponderous style in dealing with the work of Kate Bush, since
this kind of obsessive interest in another person's life and
work is better disguised, I think, when couched in the dry-as-dust
language of the Orgonotic scholar.
Only two corrections to be made, off hand, to the transcription
of the dialogue in "Waking the Witch": The Priest asks,
"What is it, child?" I think, not "What child, what child?"
Also, in the "wake-up"-call section, I thought the male voice
which screams simultaneously with the female chorus of
"Your ma needs a shower. Get out of bed!" was not saying
"Sunday at nine and you're sleeping in bed. Get up!" Rather,
I hear: "Stop that lying and sleeping in bed. Get up!"I may
be wrong about the latter line, however.
Finally, I would like to relay the news that the promotional
film for "The Big Sky" is listed as being available for
licensed telecast in the May 8 (?) issue of Billboard.
Since it is extremely unlikely that "The Big Sky" will be
released as a single domestically, the film will in all
probability be ignored by most video programmers, MTV included,
unless we do something about it. Assuming everyone here wants
to see and/or record it, I urge another MTV dial-a-thon, with
the aim of getting at least one token cable-cast of "The Big Sky".
Could someone suggest a date and time? Thanks. Hey! What's that?
Looks like one of those...umm...