Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cocteau Twins (who else?) on CD

From: J. Peter Alfke <alfke@csvax.caltech.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 May 86 17:43:02 -0800
Subject: Cocteau Twins (who else?) on CD

Newest acquisition:

	Cocteau Twins	"Treasure"	CAD 412 CD

Slight hiss, and the fade-in to "Ivo" seems a bit sudden, but maybe that's
only because I had the volume up so much :-)   Also maybe a bit trebly.

My record-shopping companion picked up the Bauhaus collection, so I'll report
his impressions sometime.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I've put "Victorialand" away and am now only listening to it once every few
days.  It leaves me in a very wrung-out, spacey mood ... like coming down
from a trip.  Call me weird, but I felt the album was becoming dangerous.
Not that it isn't stupendous, but like some other things it should be done
only rarely and with forethought.

						--Peter Alfke
						  alfke@csvax.caltech.edu
"The word that would best describe this feeling
 would be 'Haunted' ..."
				--Love & Rockets