Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bush / Gabriel / maybe more

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 86 15:20:58 EST
Subject: Re: Bush / Gabriel / maybe more

> From: CUTTER%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

> Zowie, Doug! I knew Gabriel grabbed her (figuratively) for "peter
> Gabriel" (III), but a concert?  Wowzers! Damn lucky you're local...

For the concert, it was other way around, however.  Kate grabbed him.
Peter Gabriel was also the "special guest" on Kate Bush's BBC TV
special in '79, and they did a duet together -- a cover of Roy
Harper's wonderful "Another Day" (Cocteau Twin fans are probably
familiar with this song.)

> I finally fit HoL on a C90. There's NO space between songs, but....

You didn't really speed it up 3% did you???

> I got the info on "Good" from the dude who was ripping the "Import
> Gabriel" section of the store apart with me. We were talking for about
> 20 minutes. He said that he subscribed to several Genesis/Gabriel fan
> mags and all had reported that the title was going to be called
> "Good".

Did you get the addresses of any of these Gabriel fanzines?  I've been
looking for a Peter Gabriel fanzine for ages.  They must not be
exteremely well-known or they would have been mentioned in one of the
KB zines.  (You can find both "Break-Through" and "Homeground" every
now and then in Newbury Comics, but maybe not "Break-Through" any more
because they had so much trouble getting paid by Dutch East India
Trading that they decided to only do subscriptions from now on.)

> Also, I played the whole of "Watching You Without Me" backwards (I
> have a flakey turntable) in an attempt to see if the odd-sounding
> pseudo-Indian portion was spoken backwards. It is, but it all sounds
> like "He sees heat" or "He knows knock". Anyone else tried it? Didja
> get better results???

I have the whole thing on tape backwards.  The part that sounds like
"Really see" forwards still sounds like "Really see" backwards.
There's one part that sounds  to me like "He was long..., he was
long..., he was longing <mumble> <mumble>", which seems to make
perfect sense in light of the song.  Actually, I think it's Kate
just trying to drive us crazy.  (Have you played "Leave It Open"
backwards yet?)

				"Going to Montanna
				 Gonna raise me some dental floss"

				 Doug