Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Get Never Forever next...

From: ROBB LEATHERWOOD <ROBB-LEATHERWOOD%LADC@SYSTEM-M>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 86 22:10 PST
Subject: Get Never Forever next...
Randomness: The end of labor is to gain leisure.

Well, I already have The Kick Inside (on CD, which means I can't listen to
it until I buy a tape, as I don't have a player...) so I don't think I'll
ever get that on vinyl unless I find one of the funky covers (the CD cover
has Kate laying on a kite or cross or something in oriental dress and the
lettering looks oriental, er, pseudo-oriental.)  Oh, did I misspell lying?
Sorry, eh.  I almost bought Lionheart when I saw it used at a record store,
but then I saw Fripp's "Exposure" and Yes's single of "Don't Kill the
Whale" so I didn't have the cash.  I haven't been to the store since.  They
also had her "Kate Bush" EP used.  Which reminds me...

I also saw Japan's "Adolescent Sex" album, which reminds me to thank Shelli
for the discography on Japan, Sylvian, etc.  I just picked up Dali's Car's
first 12" single "The Judgement is the Mirror" so I have all of the
whopping two releases from that band (Peter Murphy does vocals, for you
Bauhaus fans, and Japan's Mick Karn plays all instruments.)  Anyway, I'd
still like to hear some history on Japan, etc. and how they formed, and
what the critics thought of them, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Oh, my name really does have two "b"s in it.  Robb.  Strange, eh?  Well,
that's life.  I don't complain or anything...

Later,
  -Shoo