Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bush / Gabriel / maybe more

From: CUTTER%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Local UMass address is Cutter@Mailer.CY175)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 86 23:16:53 EST
Subject: Bush / Gabriel / maybe more

Zowie, Doug! I knew Gabriel grabbed her (figuratively) for "peter
gabriel" (III), but a concert? Wowzers! Damn lucky you're local...

I finally fit HoL on a C90. There's NO space between songs, but....

I got the info on "Good" from the dude who was ripping the "Import
Gabriel" section of the store apart with me. We were talking for about
20 minutes. He said that he subscribed to several Genesis/Gabriel fan
mags and all had reported that the title was going to be called "Good".
I checked with some other people in the store the next day and heard
the same thing. You know fans, they will kill themselves to find out
info, and they're usually not wrong...

Yupper, the bootleg was Paris, '79. There were no other bootlegs there,
although the chill dude at the counter said there were some coming in
Real Soon Now. More as this develops.

Also, I played the whole of "Watching You Without Me" backwards (I have
a flakey turntable) in an attempt to see if the odd-sounding pseudo-Indian
portion was spoken backwards. It is, but it all sounds like "He sees heat"
or "He knows knock". Anyone else tried it? Didja get better results???

                                I'm going down to Florida,
                                          Joe
"It's not music, it's a disease."
               - Mitch Miller