Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

neo bang-bang music / rodents in heat

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 20 Mar 86 15:10:00 PST
Subject: neo bang-bang music / rodents in heat

Doug,

Definition : Neo-bang-bang music - that type of music usually played by
             instrumentalists with little or no talent.  The music is
             often characterized by continuous strumming of one or two
             chords at obnoxiously high volume backed by a drummer who
             is unable to deal with anything but straight 4/4 time with
             an occasional high-hat ride and a tom beat.  When there is
             a vocal in such music it is usually sung by a vocalist with
             little or no talent, it is usually screamed and has little
             cognitive components.  This music has no redeaming value
             at any level in tha lacks originality and other
             good qualities.  In my opinion (I stress this) many of the
             new-wave political bands fall in to this category.  While
             thee may be agrivation, compassion, and idealism in their
             music, it still makes my dog nervous.  (Maybe the correct
             def is "music that makes my dog nervous").

As to where you can get a recording of rodents in heat, you might bring a
port recorder to a pet store which sells rodents.  If you can find someone
who can sex them, you can separate the males from the females.  Given the
promiscuous nature of most rodents within a day or two you might catch
the event.

(Seriously, I never meant to coin the term Neo-bang-bang music in the first p
place.  I generally like most types of music even that described above.  As for
rodents in heat, If I ever get out of the navy and get back into an animal lab,
I will be glad to record some for you.)

"lunch special -
 1 12" and 1 coke for 4.95"

John