Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Various

From: bdmrrr!potomac!jsl@seismo.CSS.GOV (John Labovitz)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 86 11:41:53 est
Subject: Re: Various

On the subject of the BMI awards...

I got my brother to tape it, and when watching it later, I fast-forwarded
through *everything* except Kate Bush.  What a junky show.  Not quite as
bad as the Grammys, but pretty close (at least Kenny Rogers didn't host
BMI).

Kate looked bored as hell, and like she wasn't having much fun.  I think
she was lip-syncing, cuz otherwise the song would have sounded like shit
(no excitement or effort on her part).  She also looked pretty awful --
someone put about an inch of makeup on her.

Note that I'm not cutting down Kate, because I'm sure that it wasn't all
her idea.  Just that I wasn't very impressed, and I'm pissed that I had
to sit there for an hour fast-forwarding thru the shit to get to her.  Oh
well.  Such is life, and TV, and business, and...

John Labovitz		..!{rlgvax,seismo}!bdmrrr!potomac!jsl
--
I've got you under my skin where the rain can't get in
And if the sweat pours out, just shout,