Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Various

From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinburgh.ac.uk@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 86 18:01:38 GMT
Subject: Various

I mailed this before but, as sometimes happens with X-Atlantic mail, it
just vanished into the void.  Sorry if anyone gets it twice.

---

(1) Thanks to tsung@aero for mentioning Liona Boyd.  (Warning: classical
guitar, but can be great ...)

(2) BMI Awards: According to the gossip on Radio 1, Kate was a replacement
for Sade, who was supposed to sing but couldn't do it given tour, &c.  At
least they got it right the 2nd time.

The award for best female artist went to Annie Lennox.

Also, it's just possible that Kate might not have been lip-sync -- she had
a cordless mic and was holding it in her hand even while being spun
around.  (Or at least it looked that way to me.)

(3) From NME, 15 Feb 1986:

   KATE BUSH releases the title track from her 'Hounds of Love' LP
   as her new EMI single next Monday, coupled with the traditional
   and unaccompanied 'The Handsome Cabin Boy'.  She's recorded a
   completely new vocal for the 12" extended version, which is called
   'Alternative Hounds of Love', and this also has the bonus of 'Jig
   of Life'.  And to complete the action, Kate has directed her own
   video of the single.