Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Desert Island miscellanea, Left Of Center, Morgan Fairchild, etc.

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 86 07:10:14 est
Subject: Desert Island miscellanea, Left Of Center, Morgan Fairchild, etc.

> From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>

> 9. Robert Fripp - Exposure
>     The Best King Crimson Album. Ever.

Yeah, great album!  But it's nothing like King Crimson.  And Daryl Hall
(oh boy!!!) co-wrote and sings on several of the songs -- can you dig it?

> From: Shelli [Re desert island]

>    Andrew Lloyd Webber, etc: ....
                              Requiem

Planning on a funeral?  With that attitude, you'll never get off.

>   Madonna: Like A Virgin (** Put in to aggravate Doug **)

Why not just bring the 12 inch single for "Material Girl", and play it
over and over again?  Quite appropriate for a desert island.  The song
"Like a Virgin", might strike too close to home if stranded alone.

>     Zula: Next Year in Jerusalem
>             (** The obvious alternative for Jews **)

You're not thinking of converting are you?  And you really want to
brainwash the impending kids to *your* religion, don't you?

> From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>

> It has a new song by Suzanne Vega, "Left of Center," which is pretty
> crummy (for lack of a better descriptive adjective) -- she did it in
> concert and I didn't like it then, either.  One expects more from SV,
> one of the coolest women in the universe.  It sounds like a stab at
> the Top 40.

I only heard "Left of Center" once -- in concert, but I liked it.  And I
have to agree with Jimmy H about A Lot Of Maniacs -- they sure don't do
much for me.

> Do you ever wonder what your fellow Love-Hounders and net.music contributors
> look like?

Yeah, so I went and visited some of them.  They always look totally
different than you expected.

> I do.  Perhaps we could put together some kind of photo album!  Then I
> can find out if Larry Palena is really green and slimy or if he only
> writes that way.

He's probably really mottled blue and slimy....

> A Morgan Fairchild look-a-like,
> -Sue

Did you bleach your hair recently?

-Doug