Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Desert Island miscellanea, Left Of Center, Morgan Fairchild, etc.

From: hall%beta.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM
Date: Friday, 7 Feb 1986 13:17:45-PST
Subject: Re: Desert Island miscellanea, Left Of Center, Morgan Fairchild, etc.

>Really-from: nessus (Doug Alan)
>
>> From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>
>>
>>9. Robert Fripp - Exposure
>>    The Best King Crimson Album. Ever.
>
>Yeah great album!  But it's nothing like King Crimson.  And Daryl Hall
>(oh boy!!!) co-wrote and sings on several of the song -- can you dig it?

I wouldn't slag off Daryl Hall (no relation) so quickly.  Sure most of his
stuff with Oates is pure pap for modern morons, but the tunes he sings on
on _Exposure_ (You Burn Me Up I'm a Cigarette, North Star, Chicago <--(does
he sing this one?)) are first rate.  His solo album _Sacred Songs_, produced
by and featuring Fripp, also has great stuff on it, like "The Farther Away
I Am", "Why Was It So Easy", "Babs and Babs" and "NYCNY" (the transition from
the tranquil "Urban Landscape", a nice little piece of Frippertronics, to the
frenetic "NYCNY" is great for getting people to jump out of their chairs).

"At least I know what's happening
and I know where I stand."
                          --Babs and Babs

Dan