Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

folk/Creem/Husker/Kraut II/Christian Death

From: Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 86 8:39:59 EST
Subject: folk/Creem/Husker/Kraut II/Christian Death

re:  CREEM

Yeh, Sue - we can probably argue for years as to just what is folk
music ...  I would probably argue that acoustic guitars are passe for
folk music and you would argue etc etc etc ... stick to your guns, tho
and don't belive my horseshit.  as for CREEM - this has always been a good
prozine - not exactly for who and what they cover but for the level of humor,
they don't take themselves seriously like Rolling Stone or Musician or
for that matter a whole bunch of fanzines like Max R&R and the like. And
unlike the other prozines they aren't afraid to take chances on new writers
(ya oughta send them some of yer stuff ...)

I think you are confusing the "kick ass" type attitude with Kerrang!
which reviewed Hounds of Love too, ain't?

Well, got my Husker Du tix last night ... Kraut is playing on Saturday
in B-more (which in case you don't know it they've picked up the UK SUBS
old string breaker and are now Kraut II (yet another band with two guitars))

Has anyone heard of Christian Death?