Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

bangles

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 86 10:48:24 EST
Subject: bangles

Because this list seems generally receptive towards women in pop/rock music, I'd
thought I'd mention the bangles (wicinski's old sweethearts) have released an
album including a cut I heard on the radio called "Walk Like An Egyptian" that
I had thought was Siouxie or Ten Thousands Maniacs --- when I heard it was these
Liverpudians I was amazed at how much their style had matured ... forgive me
for making an analogy which will be made (I think) alot about this group but
this reminds me of the Beatles going from Meet The Beatles to Revolver ...

Flames on ...

hofmann