Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My chat with Kate Bush

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 85 13:02:59 est
Subject: My chat with Kate Bush

As you probably now realize, I survived my chat with Kate Bush.  I got
to talk with her for about half an hour, and have much of it on tape.
She's just about the nicest person you could imagine meeting and was
very friendly.  She seemed a little weary, though, because they were
definitely running her ragged.  I was one of many people to interview
her that day, and I'd never have thought it possible to cram so many
events into one week.  For example, she was signing records at Tower
Records from 3 to 5 on Thursday (the line went three quarters of the way
around a New York City block!  they had to turn away the vast majority
of the people) and then they rushed her off to be on "Live At Five",
which ends at six.

To answer the question that has been foremost on all of your minds,
"What does Kate Bush feed her cats?"  No, she doesn't feed them spinach
lazania -- she feeds them "fishy wishy" from a tin.

And John Carder Bush wrote the narration in "Jig Of Life" and
"Breathing" and the lyrics to "My Lagan Love".

I don't have time to say much more right now because I'm leaving for
England in a few hours.  When I get back, I'll type in a transcription
of the interview and you'll get to see me explain the sex life of mules
to Kate.  And see Kate tell me how making love was much easier back in
childhood.  (Precocious kid!  How's that for a tantalizing trailer?)

				"Before you know
				 I'll be over the water like a swallow"

				"To be in England
				 In the wintertime