Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pete Townshend: "White City Fighting"

From: rlgvax!bdmrrr!potomac!jsl@seismo.CSS.GOV (John Labovitz)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 85 17:42:13 est
Subject: Re: Pete Townshend: "White City Fighting"

> Really-From: hall%beta.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM  (Dan Hall)
>
>> Really-From: "James J. Lippard" <Lippard@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
>>
>> I just heard this on the radio from Pete's new album, "White City:  A
>> Novel", and was very surprised to recognize the guitar line...it's
>
> Anyone know if there's any connection between the title of PT's new album,
> and the tune "The White City" on Thomas Dolby's _The Flat Earth_?  Dolby's
> lyric mentions "Keith" several times, leading me to believe there must be
> a connection there somewhere.

Here's something else: I was looking at `The Flat Earth' the other day, and
I noticed that Robyn Hitchcock is credited with the voice of Keith.  Maybe it
all means something...  but then again maybe not.

John Labovitz		..!{rlgvax,seismo}!bdmrrr!potomac!jsl
--
Please don't call me Reg, it's not my name.