Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

German verison of Ruth?

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 85 07:27:36 est
Subject: German verison of Ruth?

I sent a letter off to the Kate Bush Club asking where I could get a
copy of the German version of "Running Up That Hill".  I got a letter
back from Lisa, Kate's best friend and the person in charge of answering
letters to the club.  She said that there is no German version of RUTH.
So, now I don't know who's lying to me.  The two friends who said they
heard it in German while in Germany (they wouldn't be mistaken because
one of them is a big fan, and they hadn't heard the song before -- they
recognized it as Kate by her voice), or Lisa.  I guess this means that
if there *is* a German version, then it is just a demo tape that Kate
gave to a radio station.  She has done this before.  There are songs
which she's given to radio stations, but which aren't on any record.
Argh!  How can one continue life with such knowledge?

			"If I only could, I'd make a deal with God"

			 Doug