Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RUTH Video

From: Laura Frank Clifford <lcliffor@bbnccm.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 85 10:07:14 EDT
Subject: RUTH Video

>(Actually the *best* thing about the song is that it's the music to the
>most amazing video ever made!)

I detect some unqualified enthusiasm here!  While Kate is my favorite, I
don't necessarily think everything she does is the "best ever done".  I
caught the RUTH video on V66 a couple of days ago, and while I think it's
one of the better videos that's been around recently, I would not say it's
the "best ever made".  (What about Bowie's "China Girl", "Ashes to Ashes",
some of the old Steve Strange videos???)  Kate's video has "real" dance
which visualizes her lyrics very well and is excellent, but let's not go
overboard...  I hate to admit it, but I REALLY like Prince's "Raspberry Beret"
video - reminds me of Sgt. Pepper and Peter Max stuff.

Does anyone know if she's made videos for anything else on "Hounds of Love"
yet?  Maybe a knew video cassette will be available...  Has anyone seen
"the singles" video cassette available anywhere for rental?

Laura