Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WOW!!

From: Kevin Carosso <allegra!scgvaxd!engvax!KVC>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 85 23:17:36 PDT
Subject: WOW!!

"The Dreaming".  WOW!!

After being a Kate fan ever since "Wuthering Heights" hit it big in
England (lucky me, I lived there then... else I never would've heard
of her!) I finally got a copy of "Dreaming".  I bought this for my
girlfriend when it first came out, but for some reason it sounded a
bit like noise and I never got around to really LISTENING to it.  Now
that I have my own copy and have played it to death (after Doug Allan's
rave -- and MY, can he ever rave! -- reviews to net.music) I can't
believe just how good this album is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, I still really love ALL Kate's albums and "Wuthering Heights"
is still one of my favorites (I know, I know, "commercial", but so what!
it's marvelous!) but the concentration of unbelievably-wonderful-goodness
that is "The Dreaming" is incredible!

Am I now supposed to believe that "Love Hounds" is going to approach
this?  If so, I don't think I'll be able to stand it!!  But what a way
to go....

I accidently caught one of the RUTH videos on eMpTy-V (the one with
Kate and the longbow), but one listen wasn't enough to form an opinion.
Now I've been subjecting myself to eMpTy-V for HOURS trying to catch
this (or any other KB) video -- all to no avail!  I can't take this
much longer!!  Isn't there SOME way to find out when they might play
it?  Anyone know of any KB specials on MTV?  What KB video-cassettes
are there and where do I get them?  I don't have a VCR, so this won't
do much good anyway...  Also, does anyone know definitively what KB albums
are out on CD and which ones aren't?  It TD just hard to find? Or never
releaed on CD?  How about "Never Forever"?

Oh well, enough for now.  I felt I oughta contribute SOMETHING to this
group, even if it's only my own ranting...  No one around here appreciates
Kate and I gotta rant at somebody!

	/Kevin Carosso          engvax!kvc @ CIT-VAX.ARPA
	 Hughes Aircaft Co.

ps.  TD didn't really get to me until the third or fourth listen.  Is this
     true for everyone?  Now, (after n listens) it only gets better and
     better and better...