Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 85 23:56:33 edt

> From: Steve Tynor <harvard!seismo!gatech!gitpyr!tynor>

> Just picked up RUTH...

I think you mean HoL...

> Anybody notice how appropriate the photography on the jacket is?

> Side 1 (Hounds Of love) is commercial, and the photo on that side
> is glossy, airbrushed (sex-kittenish if you will...)

Yeah, but she's in bed with two dogs.  Kinky!  Not exactly mainstream
sex-kittenish....

> Side 2 is the more Dreaming-like and hence has a photo remenicent
> (sp?) of The Dreaming...

Yeah, I'm not so wild about the front cover, but the back cover is really
great!

But you are right!  I hadn't noticed that.  The two covers are totally
appropriate in just the way you mention.

		"Am I the cat that takes the bird?"

		 Doug

P.S.  I wonder if there is any significance to the fact that the lyric
sheet for "The Dreaming" was white on black and for "Hounds of Love"
it's black on white....