Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Doug Alan <Nessus@MIT-EECS>
Date: Tue 20 Aug 85 06:05:01 EDT

> From: ihnp4!sdcsvax!sdcc13!valerie (Valerie Polichar)

> The white rose is usually used as a symbol of death, so I would
> go with Doug's death interpretation.

If that's true, it certainly clinches the death/suicide
interpretation!  The other line that really makes me think that is
"Away from the party".

I've never heard of a white rose being a symbol for death, but I'm
probably just ignorant.  I would have thought it would be a symbol for
purity and innocence, but two other people today have confirmed to me
that it is a symbol for death, but they didn't know why or from where.

So whywhofromwhenwherewhetherhitherhereforto is a white rose a symbol for
death?

			"And it's not easy for me
			 To give away your secret"

			 Doug

P.S.  I made a mistake on the last line of the song when I typed it
in.  The last line is not

	It wouldn't take me long
	To tell you where we'll meet

but rather