Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Your Son is coming Out of My House

From: "Renee Rosen" <lilitu@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 23:40:42 +0600
Subject: Re: Your Son is coming Out of My House
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <lilitu@mail.cjnetworks.com>

On 14 Nov 97 at 21:22, Matt Humphrey wrote:

> double-meanings and such (The entire song "Babooshka", for instance,
> is a play on the double-meaning of the word).

Call me dim, but what's the other meaning of the word? The only one I
can come up with is the Russian equivalent of hausfrau (more or
less). Maybe it's a Brit thing, or I'm just being stupid, but I can't
think of another meaning of the term.
Renee Rosen                             "Transylvanian Concubine,
lilitu@cjnetworks.com                    You know what flows here like wine.
Goddess in Training                      Stay here with us, it's just time.
Astrud and Kitto on irc                  Transylvanian Concubine."
http://www.cjnetworks.com/~lilitu                    --Rasputina