Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fwd: KT News from Dublin!

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:52:32 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Fwd: KT News from Dublin!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

The following message was received by IED today from Sean Twomey, of Dublin,
Ireland.  He thought it might be of interest to the group (and IED agrees!).
 Thanks, Sean.  Hope you get back in touch with us soon.

from my new address or post to the newsgroup .

Here's something from the homepage for Nick Drake : The Nick Drake Files ;

Tribute record

A new Nick Drake tribute record will very likely be released at the

beginning of 1998, produced by Maestro Joe Boyd himself! I don't know much

more yet, but I know that Mark Lanegan, the singer of Screaming Trees, has

recorded Clotthes Of Sand for this record, and according to co-producer

Kate St John, other invited artists include Kate Bush, Brian Kennedy, Paul

Buchanan and ("maybe") Paul Weller. Please send me e-mail if you have more

info.

As you probably know , Kate has worked with Joe Boyd (Nick's producer and

friend) when she collaborated with the Trio Bulgarka (she even went to

Downing Street with Joe for lunch with John Major on one occasion )

That's all my Kate news for now .

Sean :-)

Oldtimers will recall that a rumor went around about four or five years ago
that Kate had agreed to contribute to a forthcoming Nick Drake tribute album.
 Good things come to those who wait?

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S              R             I