Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kare Snubbed By Rolling Stone!!

From: waldn@ucla.edu (Stormin')
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 19:37:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Kare Snubbed By Rolling Stone!!
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

mike@mc-h.demon.co.uk (Mike Holmes) wrote:

>In message <345A1C38.1593D908@concentric.net>, "(Ratravarman) Thomas
>Izaguirre" <tizaguir@concentric.net> writes
>>Rolling Stone just came out with a special Women in Rock issue that,
>>rather predictably, omits Kate Bush with the alacrity of Soviet Union
>>photograph censors
>>suggest we flood the magazine with letters of protest about this all too
>>glaring omission.
>>
>I got 500 envelopes you can use...
>--
>Mike H

Not thrilled, either.  I still have my fingers crossed that she will
make it to the Grammy's Hall of Fame, though, because her influence is
apparent.  At least Rolling Stone did list the Kick Inside as an
important debut album by a woman.  But that was only just the
beginning for what she had to give.

Stormin'