Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HOL Vinyl

From: "Dinyar" <dinyar@antenna.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:19:04 +0100
Subject: Re: HOL Vinyl
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

The November 1997 issue of Record Collector reports the following:

EMIDISCS!
EMI was so pleased with its vinyl campaign earlier this year that it has
decided to press a further 20 classic titles from the archives.
"The centenary obviously gives us a good reason to release them", says Teve
Davis from EMI marketing, "but if demand continues to justify it, I don't
see why we can't continue releasing vinyl".
In the racks this month are 180 gram, thick-sleeve and analogue cut
editions of Bowie's "Hunky Dory", Wings' "Band On The Run", Kate Bush's
"Hounds Of Love", Jethro Tull's "Thick As A Brick", Queen's "A Day At The
Races" and 15 other titles. "We decided to cut them from analogue tapes
this time after taking on board comments from audiophiles", says Davis.