Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Get Out of My House

From: Jack <noone04@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:46:18 -0800
Subject: Re: Get Out of My House
To: dillardb@pilot.msu.edu
CC: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

     You said it perfectly brian. I've been as guilty as anyone in letting what the
popular interpretation of a song is affect the way that song makes me feel. But in the
last few weeks, with all of the discussion on personal interpretation, i've realised
that each individual's own interpretation is something that is personal and should be
completely respected, even if one doesn't agree. The one song that has brought me
through some of the worst times in my life and will always be dearest to me over any
other is "Don't Give Up". I've never heard anyone discuss Peter Gabriels intention, and
it doesn't matter, because I take strength from that song, and I think any artist would
be happy knowing that.

~Jack~

--
 It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as
simple as wild dogs.