Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bursting the Gay Cloud

From: "squidly" <squidly@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:11:17 -0000
Subject: Re: Bursting the Gay Cloud
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

 Right.  That's it.

I'm Off......

Once upon a time this was a freindly list......I pissed off to the back
teeth of back biting, sniping, bigotry and general malaise.

What started as a simple and honest question from Kim has turned into a
full scale war which has lasted far too long to be rational.  That the song
in question may or may not have a gay theme - such is the wonder of
interpretaion - has once again become irrelavant and it has now become
forum for personal abuse (something - it seems - I'm guilty of too....thats
when I noticed when things were drasticly wrong)
and Love-hounds just isn't about that.  I think its high time we all grew
up.

Yes there is a great deal of Homophobia about on this list.......I'm not
saying that just because someone may disagree with me, if you look at my
original reply to Kims question, you'll see that.  But being told HOW to
think and exactly what my emotional reponse should be to a particular song
and having to listen to line like "the whole gay thing makes me puke",
really is, despite what Mark may think, Homophobic in the extreme....and he
for one really SHOULD read the reply I made way back when...

Some of you people have even taken to writing personal homophobic abuse to
me, and brave souls that you are, sent it via an anonymous mailing
system.....gosh how grown up......well......I haven't lost any sleep over
it, annoying though it may be.  It just saddens me that a numbet or
ass-holes are determined not accept alternative view points.

Sam, Mikael, I've offended both of you and made my apologies personally and
now publicly......that was never the intention and I'm excruciatingly
embarrassed by the whole affair.

I've been involved with Love-hounds four around 4 and a half years and It
digusts me that its degenerated into this....

Brian, Stuart....it'd be great to hear from you......those
homophobe.....see ya...the rest of you.......well, have a nice time.......I
might come back but as of now, I'm off this list......

I doubt my leaving will be mourned and quite frankly I don'y give a
shit......all tha concerns me is that caual readers may think they've
stumbled onto a Fascist Mailer and associate Kate with that.....

Brickbats and bouqets to the above address please.....

Sigh.....One last look around the house before I go......

I'm gone.....