Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: THP (RtB) Definitive Interpretation

From: "squidly" <squidly@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 21:51:31 -0000
Subject: Re: THP (RtB) Definitive Interpretation
To: "<"<love-hounds@gryphon.com>

> Date: 27 October 1997 20:47
>
> I was listening to "Them Heavy People (Rolling the Ball)" the other day,
> and it hit me.
>
> This song's about fat people lawn bowling!

I fear you may have missed an important point!  Too right it's about fat
people bowling, but you've missed the bit about all these spiritual dudes
coming along and wrecking, or at least disrupting, the tournament......

If you could only see that the ball in question is the Planet Earth ( a
subject Kate has alluded to more than once!) and that "arriving at an
inconvenient time" is clearly about Those unwelcome Sunday morning visitors
claiming their God is best, I feel you'd have a much better grasp of what
she is obviously talking about......

With tongue Firmly in cheek (but I'm not saying whose)