Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #272

From: Kyri <Kyrie@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 22:31:51 -0500
Subject: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #272
To: "INTERNET:love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: Kyri <Kyrie@compuserve.com>

>>I must admit that you comments on 'assumptions' are very ambiguous, and
nearly the most bizarre thing I've read on an email list :)<<

Hmmm, that's strange :)

>>- Firstly, *IF* you think I was referring to you, then I suggest you
watch
what you type...in your 'add-on' to Lane's email you not only had to
"HAHAHAHA" (with no sign of it being a 'friendly giggle'), and you gave no
reason about your reply except to quickly point out that it was 'another
vote for missing the point'.  This in fact contradicts what you typed in
your last email.  Up the top of this text, there is your quote "yes
understand the song as you wish", and yet you're laughing at people for
"missing the point".  Make up your mind - you either believe in freedom of
interpretation or you don't!  Just because you don't have the same
interpretation (or Kate for that matter) doesn't justify telling people
that
they are "missing the point".  <<

That's not true because I was referring to Lane's email in which the
'missing the point' refers to 'a belief by someone that Kate wrote the
words 'Your son's coming out' with homosexuality in mind'.

>>- Secondly, *IF* you think I was referring to some other people on the
list,
then I still stand by my view that some here are homophobic.  If this is
what you meant, then your 'assumption' comment is very strange!! <<

I can see what the problem is....it's purely semantics in any case..I won't
dwell on it

>>Thanks *again* for reading it everyone!! :)  (and yes Kyri, that's also
an
assumption!! :))))<<

Erm..ok  promised I wouldn't dwell on it :))

This is the most I've posted to Lovehounds in ages by the way. It's good to
be here though. Not enough Kate fan's out there.

Kyri