Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

speaking of the TWW box set...

From: shandralyn@juno.com (Shandra L Bauer)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 12:53:07 -0800
Subject: speaking of the TWW box set...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Just wanted to tell anyone who was still looking for the set, I found a
one for a great price! I must confess, I don't know whether it's the
Canadian set or not... the company is in Canada, so I would think it
might be. I've heard the Canadian set isn't as good "sound quality"-wise
as the Japanese set, but I doubt my ears will hear the difference. :) The
company is A & B Sound Online, and their URL is http://www.absound.ca/.
They just opened their website, and so a lot of their stock is on sale,
including the above mentioned box set! I've only seen/heard of the box
set being around $150.00, so imagine my surprise when I see it for
$77.00!! I had to order it - I knew I'd never find it for a better price!
I don't know how long the sale is one for, so if you're interested check
it out soon! I should be getting it today, I hope. With shipping, it was
$88.60 (US). I may be opening myself up to a great sound-quality debate,
but I have to confess that I only heard minute differences between my
EMI-Manhattan HOL and the new re-issued HOL, so I'm not overly concerned
about whether the Japanese set is better. Now that I found the box set,
I'm wondering if buying the re-issue was such a good idea... oh, well.

cheers, all!
-Shandra

---------
Another bit of the bizarre  from Shandra Lynn Bauer!
"A rock is when you trip on it you should have watched where you were
going"