Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW Boxed Set liner notes

From: Mike Holmes <mike@mc-h.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 20:28:46 +0000
Subject: TWW Boxed Set liner notes
To: Gaffa-Web <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Originally composed 12th Oct in response to:
In article <mcolville-ya02408000R2409970005540001@news.earthlink.net>,
"Matthew M. Colville" <mcolville@nospam.net> writes
>   I've had the import boxed set for over a year now and still can't read
>Japanese.  Is there anywhere I can go to find a translation of the liner
>notes?  I'm especially interested to the lyrics to the b-sides.
>
>   Thanks in advance.

Japanese, eh? My English version has the following:
Leaving out the six main albums, the separate booklet contains:
IFC:
Has it really been twelve years already?...
Is this how it was for Rip Van Winkle?

Looking through these photos I haven't seen for years, and listening to
B-sides of singles I'd forgotten about, has been an interesting exercise
for me.

I think my music and I have changed a lot, and when I was making the
first album, which at that time was my greatest goal, I never imagined
that a box-set of ny work would be out in 1990 and would still be making
albums. That's a nice feeling.

Whoever you are - thank you for listening and please
be kind to my mistakes.... because I'm not.

IBC:
Many, many thanks to EVERYONE involved in making these albums,
and to the photographers whose work appears here:-
Gered Mankowitz
Terry Walker
Brian Griffin
Guido Harari
and especially John Carder Bush

I would like to dedicate this special edition to the special memory of
Alan Murphy and Gary Hurst.

Extra Disc I liner: IFC:
1 The Empty Bullring
2 Ran Tan Waltz
3 Passing Through Air
4 December Will Be Magic Again
5 Warm And Soothing
6 Lord Of The Reedy River
7 Ne T'En Fui Pas
8 Un Baiser D'Enfant
9 Under The Ivy
10 Burning Bridge
1l My Lagan Love
12 The Handsome Cabin Boy
13 Not This Time
14 Walk Straight Down The Middle
15 Be Kind To My Mistakes

All tracks Produced by Kate except
2 4, 8: Kate Bush and Jon Kelly
3: Dave Gilmour

IBC:
All tracks written by Kate Bush except:
6 Donovan. 12: Trad., Arr. by Kate Bush
All tracks published by Kate Bush Music Ltd. / EMI Music
Publishing Ltd., except: 4, 5: Kate Bush Music Ltd.
6: Donovan Music Ltd.

1-5: 1980. 6:1981. 7: 1982. 8 1983.
9-11: 1985. I2. I3: 1986. I4. 15: 1989.

Extra Disc II liner: IFC:
1 I'm Still Waiting
2 Ken *
3 One Last Look Around The House Before We Go...
4 Wuthering Heights (New Vocal)
5 Experiment IV
6 Them Heavy People
7 Don't Push Your Foot On the Heartbrake
8 James And The Cold Gun
9 L'Amour Looks Something Like You
10 Running Up ThatHill
11 Cloudbusting (The Organon Mix)
12 Hounds Of Love (Alternative)
13 The Big Sky (Meteorological Mix)
14 Experiment IV (12" Mix)

All tracks Produced by Kate except
4: Originally Produced by Andrew Powell
6-9: Kate Bush and Jon Kelly. Live tracks from OnStage EP.
* From the Comic Strip film "GLC"

IBC:
All tracks written by Kate Bush
All tracks published by Kate Bush Music Ltd. / EMI Music
Publishing Ltd., except: 1. 2, 3: Kate Bush Music Ltd.

1: 1989. 2, 3: 1990. 4. 5. 14: 1986.
6-9: 1979. 10-13: 1985.

[as scanned by OCR]

For B-side lyrics (or any other) go see:
 http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/sensual/l_alpha.html
I needed these as well!

--
Mike H